Submitted by: David K.
Collect money from rackets to earn a good amount of money. Your underbosses
rackets and collect money directly from them. You will need to visit your
to get the money. There is a cap on the amount they can hold for you at a
time. If you
do not collect it, they will stop bringing money in from the rackets. Keep
your underbosses on a regular bases to collect the money. The cap will
game progression. Progressing through the story and having all three
command will unlock new ways to earn money, like Stealing Dead Drops and
Bagmen. However, this method will not become available until you progress
main storyline to meet Donovon on a bench in Barclay Mills. Progressing
main storyline is important, especially getting closer to Vito Scaletta.
Reach $140,000 to unlock the ability to hire someone to collect the racket
This will allow you to Steal Dead Drops and Follow Bagmen instead of
collecting racket money.
Easy “One Good Turn” achievement:
It is likely you will get this achievement naturally. Get a fast car and
the highway. Then, pull the handbrake and steer left or right. You have to
make a 180
degree or more turn. Make sure you are driving fast enough or it will not
Easy “Testing The Shock” achievement:
This achievement requires a fast sports car, like the De’Leo Stiletto,
which can be
found (rare) randomly driving around in the Frisco Fields region
(north-west of map).
Other high-end sports cars also work. There is a construction site in the
corner of Frisco Fields (by the water). It has a large ramp made of dirt.
from the end of the map to the ramp at the construction site. With enough
will be able to reach 50+ meters easily. The car must land on its wheels to
“Testing The Shock” achievement. There are many other ramps all
over the map.
Later in the game, you can also unlock upgrades that improve the speed of
vehicle. Thus, if you have any trouble, you can wait until later in the
Easy “Next Time Swim Faster” achievement:
Alligators can be found in the rivers of the Bayou area (south of map).
Just jump in
the water and swim around until an alligator kills you to get the
“Next Time Swim
* A menu option allows you to switch between lethal and non-lethal
will let you minimize the number of
casualites, if you wish so.
* Civilians will react when they see you running around with a weapon at
They might try to call the police,
but you’ll have the opportunity to stop them.
You can recognize them by the phone
icon above their head.
* Whenever you see a Junction Box, make sure you wire tap it. This will
points of interest (collectibles,
weapons, stashes) in a certain radius.
* Killing enforcers (low level officers in the mafia) isn’t mandatory, but
make tackling the main story quests
a lot easier.
* You won’t be able to customize Lincoln right away, but the option will be
For more info, take a look at our
Mafia 3 Character Customization guide.
* Deposit your money often – when you die, you’ll lose anything that wasn’t
* You will be able to roam the city after you finish the campaign, so don’t
pressured to clear every area
before getting to the next.
Associate Perk Tips:
* Keeping the lieutenants happy will be a balancing act. If any one of them
pleased, they’ll abandon your
cause. They’ll show their discontent clearly at a
sit-down, but consider that a final
warning. If you don’t start doing what they
think is right after that, they’re
going to leave.
* Favoring one underboss over others has its benefits as well. For
instance, if you
give New Bordeaux districts
exclusively to Vito, you’re going to get an amazing
weapon at some point.
* Try to get the Consigliere perk as soon as you can. It will allow you to
a courrier and deposit your money
without leaving a mission.
* Burke’s perks will unlock more cars to get via supply runs. Some of them
among the top tier of vehicles in
* Cassandra’s perks will unlock better options at the arm dealer’s van,
cheaper ammo or stronger weapons.
Complete the following tasks to unlock the corresponding achievement.
To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select “Community”,
“My profile”, then “View all my games”, then the game
and view stats.
Achievement How to
Sure Thing, Boss : Unlocked
IRA Don’t Ask : Completed
all of Burke’s side-missions.
I Need a Favor : Completed
all of Vito’s side-missions.
.45 in My Hand : Completed
all of Cassandra’s side-missions.
Cash in Hand : Saved
$150,000 between your wallet and the bank.
Baby, You’re a Rich Man : Earned $500,000.
Racketeer : Got the
maximum earn from one of your Rackets.
Hole in Your Pocket : Spent at
Big Earner : Received
$10,000 in earn from one Underboss.
The New Boss : Flipped 16
Live Another Day : Recruited
15 Racket Informants.
No Loose Ends : Killed all
of the Racket Bosses.
Can’t Trust a Rat : Killed 15
Custom 358 : Drove at
120 mph or faster for 20 seconds.
New Bordeaux Drifter : While
driving, drifted for at least 5 seconds.
Wrecker : Executed 10
Combat Specialist : Killed 300
enemies via Takedowns.
Closed Casket : Performed
50 Brutal Takedowns.
Bon Appétit! : Fed a body
to an alligator.
Next Time Swim Faster : Got eaten
by an alligator.
Sending A Message : Chained
together 3 or more Brutal Takedowns.
Code 112 : Stole a
Insurance Risk : Escaped a
Police Zone after being chased for 2 minutes.
Never Saw it Coming : Killed an
enemy within 2 seconds of kicking open a door.
Playboy magazine locations:
Search the indicated locations to find the Playboy magazines:
1. On a desk in the back of the Everyday Laundromat. There is also a
2. On a table in the basement of Sammy’s Bar.
3. On a desk inside the green ramshackle house in the area.
4. On the bar counter inside the Double Barrel Bar.
1. On a desk inside the Bayside Shipping warehouse.
2. Behind the wall on a table in the kitchen area of Fresh Crab
3. In the corner filing cabinet inside Baby Bear BBQ restaurant next to the
4. On a table in a shack in the River Row slums.
5. Next to a chair in a riverfront home near the bridge that has a wooden
1. On a bench near the cliff at the lighthouse.
2. Inside a small house under the freeway.
3. On a black coach inside the garage next to the Bevers Moonshine.
4. In a trailer office in the police station. Use stealth to avoid
5. On top of a bench in the Burke’s Iron & Metal garage.
1. Find the building with the Red Draft billboard next to the large open
(garage). It is inside the garage/hangar,
behind the trucks.
2. On a table inside the wooden shack on the hill.
3. On a table inside a cabin on the hill with a blue metal table on the
4. On the porch of the ranch house on the hill.
1. On the desk inside the Auto Service office.
2. Enter the sewers from the river tunnel. It is on the bottom shelf of a
3. Hidden inside the yellow flowers next to the park monument.
4. You access a construction yard behind Shaker’s Jazz Club during the
Construction” mission. It is
inside the trailer office.
5. On a desk inside an office in a garage on the shoreline.
1. Behind the bar inside Shooter’s Bar.
2. On a desk inside the small train depot in the rail yard.
3. Go to the Bayside Shipping’s main building that has a sign on top of
There is a small building on the
opposite side that has the magazine on a
ledge on the roof.
4. On a desk inside the small trailer office in the shipyard.
5. Inside a small trailer office on the waterfront.
1. On the floor in the house on the lake.
2. On top of the tower at Duvall Lookout.
1. Inside the green garage in the residential area.
1. In the stands of Neil A. Arthur Stadium.
2. In a bathroom cabinet in a green shotgun home near the bridge.
3. Go to the Pearl Diver motel to find it on a table near the window,
on the second floor.
1. On a table inside the old shack on the Bayou.
2.On the workbench at the stilted shack over the water.
3. On a picnic table at the riverfront home on the Bayou.
Progress through the game to the point where you meet Cassandra, after
mobile arms dealer should become an available option. You can then get free
refills if you call the dealer to your position, then switch to a different
Equip that other weapon, then switch back to the weapon that prompted you
the dealer in the first place. This process will refill that weapon’s
at no cost to you. Keep in mind, though, that the exploit is likely to be
with a future software patch.
Building Your Fortune:
Perhaps the best way to earn money in the game is through rackets. You
underbosses to a racket, and then you can periodically visit them to
whatever they earned for you during your absence. It’s important to visit them
often, though, since there are limits to how much money they’ll keep safe
behalf. It’s also worth progressing the story missions, since completing
will raise the cap and also give you new ways to build your fortune. In
try to play until at least the point when you meet Donovan, who you will
a bench in Barclay Mills. And once you have put away $140,000, you can also
someone to collect racket money on your behalf, so that you can spend your
and energy elsewhere.
Play It Safe:
When you head out on a mission, you’re putting your fortune at risk. You
place money in a safe if there’s a risk that you’ll meet an untimely end.
increase that risk, so you should make a habit of depositing most of your
around money in the safe before you try to move the story forward that next
Then, if you fail the mission and lose half of the money currently on your
the loss is less of a disaster.
Bayou Fantom Playboy Locations:
* June, 1962 – Check a small island near the Bayou’s western end. Look for
small cottage and boathouse,
positioned along the northern bank. Check inside
the buildings to find the magazine
resting on a table.
* August, 1968 – On one of the central islands, you’ll see a large cove
wrecked galleon. At the center of
that island, you’ll find a hut with the
magazine issue inside.
* June, 1968 – Start from the large cove near the center of the bayou and
northeast to find a cluster of
fishing huts. To the south from there, across
some water, you’ll spot a single
shack with a dock. There, you can find the
* July, 1968 – Access the shantytown located near the center of the Bayou
Then check the deck of the
second-to-last building near the settlement’s
* March, 1962 – Near the southeastern end of the bayou, look for a
next to some railroad tracks. Check
the woods behind the compound and you’ll
spy a small house. Inside waits the
Barclay Mills Playboy Locations:
* November, 1963 – As you head uphill on the road leading from Delray
and into Barclay Mills, check the
back deck of the first house on your left.
* February, 1964 – Follow the road leading from Delray Hollow and through
hills. On your right, you should
find a small garage near a home. Check that
deck’s back deck to find the
magazine sitting on a table.
* September, 1963 – Near the district’s northeast side, as you approach
the west (just down the road from
the hills area), leave the road near the
first house you reach above the
shantytown. In an adjacent house, you’ll
find the magazine issue.
* January, 1964 – In the industrial area located at the district’s west
check the large warehouse located
just north from the railroad tracks.
Delray Hollow Playboy Locations:
* August, 1964 – Located in your basement room at Sammy’s bar. It is
on the desk across from your
* August, 1966 – Check the laundromat down the street from Sammy’s bar. It
in the manager’s office, which
itself is located along the left of the hallway
past the Employee’s Only door, on
the left side of the laundromat.
* November, 1967 – Check the southwest corner of the central island in the
Hollow. In a small green house,
down the street from the bridge that leads
into the bayou, the magazine is
sitting on a desk positioned along the
* May, 1964 – Positioned on the far end of the bar at the Double Barrel
which is located across from the
abandoned amusement park on the Hollow’s
As you work your way through the campaign, you will forge alliances with
lieutenants: Cassandra, Vito Scaletta, and Thomas Burke. They are powerful
and you will also be able to assign regions to them, which they can
you do, you’ll gain numerous perks. It may be tempting to assign a lot of
to one of your favorites, for improved perks in a particular category, but
will cause strife and may turn a valuable lieutenant into an enemy.
should distribute the six territories evenly over time, so that each
winds up controlling two territories. This will allow you to earn the
This Together” trophy or achievement, whereas giving everything to a
lieutenant sets you up to receive the “Just You and Me” trophy or
Testing the Shocks:
Get a fast sports car, such as the De’Leo Stiletto. You can typically find
in the Frisco Fields region, though it is quite rare. Once you have
one, head to the northwestern area of that same region. Near the water,
find a ramp made out of dirt. You can get a good run at that ramp and
from it, then fly 50 or more meters without much difficulty. Provide your
vehicle lands at the end of that jump, you’ll earn your recognition.
Recruited to 5th SFG:
You’ll need to produce five headshots within the span of five seconds in
earn this trophy or achievement, which you can easily accomplish by
crowded place such as the police station in the French Ward district
near the map’s north side). Toss a Screaming Zemi (it’s readily available
the arms dealer, once you progress far enough in the campaign) at a group
officers gathered in the garage area, and they’ll investigate. Then, as
stand around, use a pistol or a rifle to shoot them quickly in the
One Good Turn:
The name of this trophy or achievement refers to a 180-degree turn (or better)
that you need to perform while driving. Find a really fast car, then race
the highway. Once you build up some decent speed, engage the handbrake and
sharply left or right. If you do it properly, while driving quickly enough,
earn the desired recognition.
Next Time Swim Faster:
To obtain this trophy or achievement, you need to let an alligator make a
out of you. This is easily accomplished if you head for the Bayou region
the map’s south side) and jump in the water for a nice swim. Just keep
until an alligator kills you and the trophy or achievement is yours.
Never Saw It Coming:
There aren’t a lot of opportunities in the game to kick open a door and
foe who was lurking behind it. In reality, your best shot is during the
mission, “The Home Fires Burn.” There, you’ll learn about kicking
as you pursue the area boss. Baka is hiding with some goons in a building,
you can kick open the door and quickly blast one with a weapon such as a
or rifle. If you do it quickly enough, the desired recognition is
To get this trophy or achievement, you’ll need to coax your enemies into
themselves with Molotov cocktails. The easiest way to manage it is during
second campaign mission, “The Home Fires Burn.” During that
mission, make sure
to find and keep a weak variety of pistol. You’ll soon reach a point where
game instructs you on the use of the Molotov explosives. Position yourself
cover, and a nearby enemy will shout that he is about to throw a Molotov
announces this in numerous different ways). Quickly break out from cover
him with a weak pistol, so that you don’t kill him but instead cause him to
the Molotov before tossing it. Once that happens, find other nearby enemies
allow them to kill you before you pass through the next checkpoint, so that
can repeat the process again. Keep doing so until you earn the trophy or
To earn this achievement or trophy, you’ll need to build up some tremendous
speed. This is most easily done later in the game, after you have unlocked
vehicle upgrades. You can do it earlier in the game, though, if you find
right car. Vehicles fast enough for the job include the De’Leo Stiletto,
Samson Duke, and the Samson Opus. You’ll have the most luck finding them in
the Frisco Fields region, though the latter two could pop up anywhere. All
them are quite rare. Then, once you have the desired vehicle, follow the
leading southwest from Frisco Fields, over the bridge to Barclay Mills.
through the tunnel and head downhill, keeping to the main road, which
make it easy to build and maintain the speed you need.
To earn this achievement or trophy, you need to feed a body to an
Head for the map’s Bayou area, near the south side. Hijack a car and kill
the civilian driver, then drop the body in the water near one of the
alligators to easily snag your recognition.