Submitted by: David K.
Tips and Tricks:
Written by Ryan Dorkoski
This is a collection of tips and tricks for Nowhere Prophet that are
useful to new players. Some of these I’ve found myself, and some I’ve
from community notes.
* These are general notes for new players trying to find success.
* You definitely want to try to explore as many nodes as possible in order
stronger, at least in the first few
* There are actually more nodes than you can see. Moving around the edges
map will open more nodes.
* When trading, goods in ‘blue’ are discounted.
* Don’t share more than one Luxury item at a time because you will be
buffs. The buffs gained do not
* Make mental or physical notes of the random events and the outcomes you
They repeat frequently and can
easily help you succeed.
* Always take more followers when you can.
* Never sell followers into slavery.
* Now there are different thoughts on this, but I’ve found all of my
with a fully-filled deck of 30
* The most important tip is to play slowly and methodically. More often
there are clever plans that can be
missed if you go too fast. Happens all the
time to me.
* Board control is probably the most straight-forward strategy. This simply
refers to outnumbering/outgunning
the enemy Convoy units. You can generally
achieve this by focusing less on
damaging the enemy Prophet, and more on
playing your units and killing
things the enemy plays.
* Before combat starts, you can discard cards from your initial hand. This
critically important. You just need
to have a plan. My plan is to have at
least one 2-value and one 1-value
Convoy card, and some useful Prophet cards.
What doesn’t make sense is to, say,
have cards you cannot afford or have no
need for in round one particularly
if you are going first.
* Don’t put all your units in the same column, if possible. Too many times
done this and then lost them all to
a column killing enemy move.
* Do not forget that you can always wait the enemy out. You don’t have to
actually use your units to kill the
enemy Prophet. If you wait him out and
they draw their deck empty – they
will lose 2 damage per round until they lose.