Submitted by: David K.
General Gameplay Tips & Tricks:
Written by Laurelai
* When you first get colonists research the tech that gives you extra space
ports and additional bases to drop
* When you have both build a few additional space ports then start the
of dropping as many new bases as
you have new ports.
* Drop the new bases right next to your old one, doing so spawns a number
new resources. Set up miners on
* Research mining 2.
* Upgrade all mines.
* Continue to drop new bases when you want to expand or when you are
out of resources.
* Make sure to put up a lot of worker hubs, you cant have too many really.
Also make damn sure you have enough
maintenance to cover everything at all times.
* Do not upgrade your colonies right away, they are very very resource
want two ice mines, one chem
factory and one food factory for every level 1 colony
you want to put down, or for a
research station. When you want to drop a colony,
drop two new bases and use the ice
from that. Its better to slowly expand your pop
using level 1 colonies and research
stations. They add up quick.
* Next you want to upgrade to level 2 factories, don’t waste energy trying
down your old factories just build
new ones at level 2 when needed. By this point
your base will be huge and hard to
* Move on to researching the nuclear power plant, if you get lucky you will
uranium with your scanners. If not,
dont worry about it.
* Now you start researching terraforming stuff. Some of the tech will fool
into thinking its useful when it
will wind up screwing you. The tech you should
use is the black dust, then the
mirrors, then one single GHG generator. Once
the planet warms up enough to where
you need to start adding oxygen research
the tech that lets you throw
nitrogen comets at the planet and the biosphere
one that converts co2 into oxygen.
Do not build oxygen generators. I repeat.
Do not build oxygen generators. You
will wind up with too much oxygen and things
will catch on fire. You only need
one single biosphere to convert co2 into oxygen.
* Keep expanding your base using the above method and slowly growing your
keep up with research so its always
somewhat fast. You eventually want to reach
for the tech that lets you import
nitrogen from off planet. Import enough nitrogen
so that its above 70% of the total
gasses in the atmosphere 72-75 is ideal, the
rest of the C02 will be converted
into oxygen. You can be throwing up the dipole
magnetic shield around this time
too, once its all done the planet is habitable.