Sands of Salzaar
Submitted by: David K.
Written by Rem
This is just a concise guide I put together to help first timers who may
be having difficulty.
-=Tips and Helpful Info=-
* Your army will level up faster if it is smaller. This is due to how XP is
* You can purchase gifts from towns sometimes, as well as finding them in
* AOE spells are OP, so you will want a character that has some. If they
start out with some try to learn
some Arcana because spells make a big
difference in battle.
* Holding CTRL will speed up the game. To speed up dialogue, just spam
click while holding CTRL in order
to speed through any dialogue.
* Buy speciality items from a town, travel as far away as possible to the
other side of the map, sell the
items. They will sell for 2x-3x more
depending on how far you
* I recommend Thur troops from Umbra Cliffs because they deal lots of
and they don’t require a lot of
resources to promote.
* As soon as you can, try conquering any and all bandit camps you see that
have Jade in them. Conquering one
of these can net you 50 jade, plus other
resources, as well as the jade and
resources sitting in chests inside the
camp. These chests refill periodically
so you can keep coming back later on.
* Some animals and “monster” units are very powerful. If you are
game difficult, try turning off
real mode. This will allow you to recruit
powerful units such as demon’s and
dragons to your army.
* If you want to become allies with a faction, go to the intel tab, click
the faction, click the diplomacy
button and choose “goodwill”. This can
make you allies with a neutral
faction or even fix relations if you are
at war with one.
* The options are goodwill, ceasefire, declare war, or alliance depending
your relationship with the faction.
Note: this will require money but that
should not be too difficult using
the item selling method described above.
* There is a quest in West Docana Desert where you need to bring 3 white
potions in order to calm a snake.
When turning in the quest you will have
the option to kill the snake or
not. Do not choose to kill it. Instead choose
the peaceful option, and the woman
will grant you 15x extra inventory slots.
* In order to find someone, you can talk to any of the heroes who have an
travel the map or are stationed in
cities. These heroes all have an option ”
I want to ask about someone”.
Just click that and ask them where the person
you are looking for is.
* If you are in a siege, there should be buttons on the right side saying
etc., if you want to speed things up you can just
click on all troops and then
“attack”. This will make your entire army move
at once to attack the next
* If you are in the late game and all the cities are too heavily defended,
use intel and select “gather a
squad”. If you have appointed any sultan to
towns, they will all close in on
your location and follow you around the map.
When you go to siege a town now,
you will have the combined forces of your
own army as well as the armies of your
sultans, which will be more than enough
to conquer most cities.
* Finally, do not underestimate AOE spells and what a difference they can
in battle. The thumbnail for this
guide is of a siege I launched on Agadir:
I ended up winning because as enemy troops piled in, I just mowed them down
using arcana and some of the spiritmancers’ spells. My troops all died but
hero kept respawning and mowing them down until eventually I was able to
the points and win. Never underestimate AOE spells they can turn the tide
battle even when your army is outnumbered and outmatched.
In conclusion, these are just a few helpful things I wish I had known when
started out. Knowing these few tips would have been very helpful for me
out so I figured I would share some of them with you guys.