The Long Journey Home
Submitted by: David K.
* Do quests if you can. They often yield 300-500 credits and are fun!
Do tylenium deliveries. With the
Discovery, the gate will always be
only one jump away and a full hold
full of that stuff yields roughly
* Beware though, that the random generator may designate a gate of a
species that hates your guts. In
that case, you can’t complete the quest.
* Don’t get fooled by the MedKit. Most medical items will cure exactly
one affliction and it’s random. So
if you got three burns and one
scratch, chances are, your nano-gel
will remove the scratch.
* Diplomacy is pretty simple and it takes very few steps to change your
reputation in either direction.
Wolphax and Reeve are pretty easygoing
and should be your friends in no
time. Which means there’s a huge
chance you get presents upon
leaving their ports.
* Each species has enforcers that scan you for contraband. They all
have different opinions what
qualifies as such. In case of contraband,
your reputation suffers, they may
attack you or simply prompt you to
hand it over.
* If you know what they’re looking for, you can still consume it before
answering their call. Sadly, you
can’t just jettison non-consumables.
* If you have a Seed that doesn’t feature slave trade, this can get
annoying as passengers sometimes
qualify as slaves, even though
they’re survivors you just rescued.
Since you can’t get rid of them,
you will auto-aggro certain species
when they scan you. Super annoying.
* Avoid the small energy ships that talk in binary and gibberish. If you
show them certain things or say the
wrong words, they will aggro. Their
storyline is cool, but their ships
are really small and dish out insane
damage. The usual tactic does not
apply due to their size, so be very
cautious if you choose to fight
* Last but not least, you can totally savescum this game and you
It goes out of its way to make
things unfair and exhausting for you,
so alt+f4 whenever you feel like
it. This will reset encounters, planet
descents, system jumps and
mod-damage roulette. It will, however, not
reroll curio checks or loot.
* Do not, I repeat do NOT DO THIS when your hull drops to 0. Use the
games inherent rewind feature in
that case. Otherwise you will lose
your autosave and have to start all