The Maid_san’s Caving Adventure
Submitted by: David K.
Written by The Noble Idiot
A breakdown of the factors that make up your final score
after completing a stage.
Back before Microsoft nuked the indie game marketplace, I bought
and played this game on the ol’ 360. I remember playing through
the game without caring about ranks and got what I assumed to
be the ‘bad ending’. Now that I’ve aged and bought the game, I
came to the conclusion that there is a good ending based on
getting a good rank in every stage or collecting all 25 jewels.
While I’ve yet to locate all of the jewels or beat the game, I
did grind through the first few stages to discover how the
scoring system works. My findings are listed below.
-=Your Score and What Defines It=-
Regardless of how you finish a stage, your score will always start
at 35,000. The following facors will then begin to add or subtract
from the base score to give you your final rank.
* TIME decreases your score by 100 points per tenth (0.1)
of a second.
* STARS increase your score by 1,000 points per star.
Collecting every star in the stage
will grant a 25,000 point
* STEPS decrease your score by 100 points per step.
* JUMPS decrease your score by 100 points per jump.
* SQUATS is the number of times you trembled throughout the
stage. Each squat reduces your
score by 100 points regardless
of whether if it was in front of
* DOWNS is the number of times you’ve taken damage from any
source. Each down reduces your
score by about 10,000 points.
* FINDINGS is the number of times you’ve alerted a Benar. Note
that Benars that hear Ai-chan’s
sneezes don’t count.
Each finding decreases your score
by 10,000 points.
* SNEEZES decrease your score by 100 points.